Not another 8 Week Summer Shape Up Challenge?
No, not at all. Here’s the deal:
Over the next 12 weeks, I’m going all out in the gym and with my own personal nutrition plan. I’m inviting you to join me for at least part of that journey…. 8 Weeks….ALL OUT.
(Registration is at the bottom of the page. There is zero financial obligation with this challenge)
HOW THE CHALLENGE WORKS:
- Log into the SHAPE UP CHALLENGE FOOD WORKSHOP (Click the pic below for access) to figure out your own customized meal plan. I will be blunt with you here; this section requires a little work. You are not going to get a plan that some “Instagram Sensation” has copied from his/her own plan.
When you have completed the food plan of yours, send it to me to review.
2. Log into a few of the articles I’ve written on Strength Training and Cardio in FIT UNIVERSITY. (Click each pic for the links) Learn and apply.
The bottom line here is that you need to do SOMETHING exercise wise.
I will send some WEEKLY CHALLENGES for everyone as guidelines. Once completed, MESSAGE ME! Heck, message me while you are exercising to tell me you are kicking @ss!
3. MONDAY & THURSDAY NIGHTS 8PM EST, message me during the hour for questions you need answered. You can reach me on Instagram (tom.kiat) or through Facebook Messenger (Tom Kiat)
4. Have the COURAGE to follow through AND STAY IN TOUCH with me.
What’s the GRAND PRIZE for the Biggest Transformation?
Your own amazing progress, a great body, and belief that you can do amazing things from here on in.
What do you expect? A cheap t-shirt or a measly $500 bucks? Let’s get our priorities straight and do this FOR YOU, FOR REAL!
Listen, I’m here to help. Iron sharpens iron. I’m going to get into crazy shape with or without you. It’s A LOT MORE FUN when people work together towards a common goal.
YOU IN? ARE YOU SERIOUS ABOUT PROGRESS?
If not, I can send you to someone else’s site where you get the same generic email that everyone gets, the same 1100 cal diet of “white fish” and veggies, and a generic cookie cutter exercise routine, where you can win a shopping spree if you buy 200 dollars worth of supplements as part of your enrolment. (Smiles)
I know my comments seem abrupt. The truth is, there is value in many programs out there. Sometimes putting an investment of dollars in place makes things more serious.
What I’m asking you to do is put your pride and commitment on the line…..something a lot more valuable than money. Tell people what you intend to do. I will more than meet you half way. I don’t care if you are a sedentary person, a fit person trying to get to the next level or a a professional physique athlete, I’m completely confident in my own ability to help you, specifically, so reach out and let me know what your goal is and let’s get started.
Game on? Challenge Accepted?
Week 8 of the 8 Week Summer shape Up Challenge…. Now What?
For decades I’ve noticed the same thing year after year; we approach the dog days of summer. We didn’t quite get our goals for the summer and we have 4-5 more weeks before the hustle and bustle of the Fall. The mode of operation at this point is “I’m going to make the most of what’s left of the summer” and usually that means overindulgence.
OVERINDULGENCE IS AN EASY WAY TO A HAPPY STATE.
“What the heck, its the last few weekends of summer…let’s drink it up. We are at the cottage, yes let’s have that incredible schmorgasborg barbebue and eat everything”.
It’s these moments that you will gain back all of the weight that you lost over a hardworking summer and be right back to square one.
So instead, RE-COMMIT now. New goals before it’s too late and a plan of action NOW so that you can make inroads to progress BEFORE a fresh new start in the FALL.
NUTRIENTS & PERFORMANCE
Meet your nutritional needs.
Here’s the short and skinny on what I need you to do:
1) Meet your protein needs. 0.8-1.5grams protein x lean muscle mass. If you need help with calculating this let me know.
The variance is dependent on activity levels and goals.
Need 100g of protein in a day?
Think of how you will break it down:
30-30-10-30 (breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner)
2) 75 percent of your carbs should be packed with quality micronutrients.
That means you should be eating vegetables, fruits, quality carbs in their least processed forms.
3) 25 percent of your carbs are there to meet your calorie needs in a way that will satisfy any urges and/or the convenience factor. Ideally you should have 100 percent carbs of the highest quality with the most micronutrients but life isn’t always that way and this 25 percent buffer most likely gives you a 200-250 calorie leeway to have that tortilla wrap or protein bar.
Nail down these 3 and you have addressed 4 key areas:
- Protein needs
- Micronutrient needs
- Caloric needs
- Psychological/emotional needs.