The exercises in the video are:
- Seated Rows
- Lat Pulldowns
- Standing Cable Rows
- Dumbell Rows
Developing a quality back involves working the muscles from various angles. With back exercises, from becomes paramount as you can cheat very easily by rocking too much or using your arms, taking away from the back movement.
Some Key Points:
- Heaviest weight you can handle with good form, for full range of motion
- Choose a weight that you can perform for 30-45 seconds depending on your desired goal
- Keep continuous tension on the muscles throughout the movement
- Do not lean forward or backward too much, nor should you remain too rigid during the movement
- Engage the back by tensing it prior to actually moving the weight toward you
- Rather than gripping the bar tightly, instead use your hands as hooks, taking the tension off your forearms and biceps.
- Squeeze your scapula together during the contracted phase of the exercise.